This creamy taco pasta recipe is a quick and one pot dinner! Ready in 30 minutes, top this easy pasta dinner with your favorite taco garnishes!
In case you haven’t noticed, I have a small addiction to tacos. I have been working hard to diversify my diet but I often find that when I have a craving it is for a taco.
I’m obsessed with tacos. Layered taco dip, chicken taco soup, steak and egg breakfast tacos – just to name a few recipes I have shared in the past. I blame my mom’s taco pregnancy cravings on this one.
While I definitely have been craving taco flavors lately, I have been getting a little bored. Isn’t that a shame – getting bored by the flavors you’re craving?
To change it up a little, I created this easy creamy taco pasta.
Creamy Taco Pasta
Think crunchy iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, a little shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
I think this easy dinner would be a great way to add some vegetable portions to your daily diet and add a little fun to the dinner table. I add the veggies to the big pot, but instead you could set up a mini taco pasta station.
Put small bowls of your favorite taco toppings out and then let the whole family add their favorites to their bowls. That’s one of the best parts about tacos, right?
Looking for more quick pasta recipes? Try these:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 16 ounces uncooked pasta (rigatoni, ziti, penne)
- 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salt to taste
Taco Toppings (Optional)
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- diced green onion
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a large pot, begin cooking the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin browning the ground turkey in a large pan over medium heat. After the meat has browned for 4 minutes, add the diced onion. Stir and sauté the ground turkey and onion until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and the taco seasoning, stir well. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (Pasta should be almost done cooking)
- Add the cream cheese, stirring until it is completely melted. Add the cooked pasta and toss in the sauce and remove from heat.
- When serving, top pasta with optional taco toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, shredded cheese and sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 500Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 961mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 26g