Looking for an easy 30-minute meal? Try this one pot spicy sausage pasta skillet with jalapeños, andouille sausage and pasta. Dinner has never been tastier!
My cheesy tomato pasta skillet recipe is the inspiration behind this recipe. It’s easy to make, delicious and can be quickly put on the dinner table. It also totally inspired today’s recipe – a one pot spicy sausage skillet.
We have made the first-mentioned recipe so many times that I started to get bored. It is so delicious but you can only eat the same thing so often before its time for a change.
I was torn. Its easy to make, I really like the flavors… but I just couldn’t eat it one more time. Easy solution – change up the flavors and make it spicy.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
One Pot Spicy Sausage Pasta
I do realize that not everyone can handle the amount of heat that we like and two jalapeños may be too much for you. One jalapeño will still give you heat, but won’t burn your mouth.
You can also deseed the jalapeños first.
All of the ingredients get thrown into a pot together and everything cooks quite quickly. From start to finish, including the chopping, you can be done cooking and prepping in 30 minutes.
You really can’t beat that and I love a delicious 30 minute meal.
Some reader comments:
“My boyfriend and I make this all the time! It’s so easy and so delicious!” – Anne
“I stumbled upon this recipe about a year ago and i have made it more times than i can count. Everyone i have made it for raves about it and then has me forward the recipe on to them. absolutely delicious one of my favorite meals!!” – Natty
Looking for more one pot recipes?
- One Pot Tomato Pesto Pasta
- One Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- One Pot Mediterranean Chicken Feta Pasta
- Cheesy Tomato Pasta Skillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 14 ounces andouille sausage, cut into thin rings
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 jalapeños, sliced into 1/2 rings
- 8 ounces uncooked penne
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the olive oil, sausage and red onion to your skillet and turn the heat to medium-high. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sausage begins to brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, and jalapeños. Bring to a boil, then add the penne. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the penne is tender. Stir in the cream cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
If you like pasta less firm, you will need to add additional broth or water. Add liquid in 1/2 cup increments until the pasta has reached your desired firmness.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 383 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 60mg Sodium: 1199mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 7g Protein: 13g
Looking for more easy dinner recipes? Try this one pot cheesy tomato pasta skillet!
Or this burrito bowl which is a great way to use up your leftover chicken!