Go big with this 8 layer taco dip recipe – it is the perfect appetizer for large crowds. It’s full of meat, cheese, cream cheese, veggies and more.
My go-to recipe for potlucks has always been this layered taco dip recipe. It’s a taco dip with meat so it is hearty enough that you can eat it as a main meal and be full. Or, you can take just a little bit and then try everything else that people bring.
Eat it with tortilla chips or Doritos – I’ve done both, recently. You could even skip the chips if you are counting your carbs.
The best thing about this taco dip recipe is that you can take out layers if, for example, someone hates beans. Make it a 7 layer taco dip, a 6 layer taco dip, etc.
Also, it’s so easy to make that you can prepare this dish quickly for last-minute guests, or prep it before you get ready to go to a super bowl party.
It is my go-to taco dip recipe because it is so often requested by those that try it – keep that in mind. It’s a party favorite and everyone loves it.
8 Layer Taco Dip Recipe
My favorite part of this taco dip is the cream cheese layer. The sour cream and taco seasoning mix blend so well with the cream cheese, that you could probably use that as a dip all on its own.
Maybe even just make a cream cheese taco dip…. just sayin’.
It can be served as a hot taco dip, right after preparation, or cold if you make it ahead of time and then refrigerate it. Keep a large serving spoon nearby and some small plates so that your guests can take a little.
I learned this the hard way – at one party, everyone was huddled around the casserole dish and then there was none left for me!
Go big with this 8 layer taco dip recipe - it is the perfect appetizer for large crowds. It's full of meat, cheese, cream cheese, veggies and more. If you're looking for game day recipes, this is the appetizer for you!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 ounce jar taco sauce, hot
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning
- 16 ounce can fat free refried beans
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 2 green onions, diced
- Brown the ground beef in a large pan. Drain the fat and add the taco sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream and taco seasoning. Mix until well combined.
- In a 3 quart dish, begin layering in this order - refried beans, cream cheese/sour cream mixture, ground beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- Chill for 30 minutes prior to serving.
by Jenny B
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 166 Calories from fat 68|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8||12%|
|Saturated Fat 4||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
Looking for more fun appetizers? Try my antipasto skewers!
or this slow cooker taco dip!