This grilled chicken ranch pasta salad is the perfect last minute side dish! It is perfect for summer – only 5 ingredients! It is also great if you have a lot of leftover grilled chicken – cut it up and toss it in this pasta salad!
If you’re looking for an easy, budget friendly barbecue recipe, this grilled chicken ranch salad is it. Only five ingredients, tossed together in a bowl and you’re ready to go.
If you’re like me, a gathering of 10 can easily blow up to over 50 people. I always want to invite everyone I know and their friends too.
Grilled chicken ranch pasta salad to the rescue.
Grilled Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
This is my favorite chicken pasta salad with ranch. It could act as the perfect last minute dish for any party but I especially like it for summer events.
Start with cooked chicken. Chop up the chicken while the pasta is cooling. Use this time to chop up the tomatoes and parsley too.
Drain and rinse your pasta until it is REALLY cold. This may be the only time-consuming part of this recipe. You can serve this pasta salad warm but it’s not my favorite.
Once your pasta is cooled, add the chicken, tomatoes, parsley, and ranch dressing. We like our pasta salads to be light on ranch.
If you want your pasta and chicken to have a thick creamy coating of ranch, add an additional 1/2 cup.
Toss everything together and season with salt and pepper to your liking.
This pasta salad is the perfect way to beef up a party menu.
Can I use rotisserie chicken?
We have made this with rotisserie chicken, baked chicken, and grilled chicken. I am a sucker for a rotisserie chicken and every Friday my favorite grocery store has a $5 chicken sale. You can bet I am there every week.
I strongly recommend going the rotisserie chicken route if you are short on time. Or you can do what I do – grab my George Foreman grill and walk out of the room. BAM again. Thanks indoor grill.
What can I serve with ranch pasta salad?
Some of my barbecue and party favorites:
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Ginger Citrus Punch
- Slow Cooker Mango Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Red White and Blue Cheesecake Parfait
- Easy Potato Chip Nachos
- Ranch Snack Mix
- Texas Caviar Recipe (Cowboy Caviar)
- Quick Summer Doritos Nachos
- 16 ounces cooked medium shells
- 1 1/2 cups chopped grilled chicken
- 1 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add an additional 1/2 cup of ranch if you want a thicker sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- NEW!!! PAPA NESSIE Pasta spoon By Ototo Design
- Gotham Steel 5 Quart Multipurpose Pasta Pot with Strainer Lid & Twist and Lock Handles, Nonstick Copper Surface Makes for Effortless Cleanup with Tempered Glass Lid, Dishwasher Safe
- Kitchen Gizmo Snap 'N Strain Strainer, Clip On Silicone Colander, Fits all Pots and Bowls - Lime Green
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g
Looking for more easy party recipes? Try this potato egg salad
or this deviled egg dip!