These sheet pan loaded chicken nachos are delicious AND easy to make! Make the slow cooker chicken the night before or the morning of to save time.
What is one thing everyone wants more of?
Nachos! No, wait, actually it’s time.
But we all want nachos too. That’s why today I’m sharing this sheet pan nachos recipe that is easy to make AND includes your slow cooker. Win win.
Sheet Pan Loaded Chicken Nachos
First, prepare your chicken. We are going to cook all of the chicken in the slow cooker – you can make it in the morning before you go to work or while you are cleaning and prepping other foods before guests arrive.
This slow cooker chicken is so flavorful and easy to make.
Fire-roasted tomatoes, chipotle chilis, and green chilis really give it great flavor and they make it the perfect meat for your nachos. This mixture has so much flavor that there is no need to add taco seasoning mix.
Once your chicken is done cooking, shred it with two forks and mix the chicken and the sauce really well.
Then pull out a large sheet pan and place some parchment paper on top of it. Pour tortilla chips in an even layer onto the pan. Sprinkle cheese on top of the chips and add black beans. Then use a slotted spoon to put the shredded chicken on top of the cheese.
Layer more cheese, black beans, and chicken on top. Place the sheet pan in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
Then pile on the toppings. Seriously, pile them on because these are loaded nachos. Add:
- avocado slices
- green onion
- sour cream
- anything else you like!
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounce can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 28 ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 ounce can mild green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 8 ounces of tortilla chips
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- jalapeno slices
- avocado slices
- sour cream
- To make the chicken taco meat, place the chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker. Top the chicken with the chopped chipotle peppers and the adobo sauce. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- Use 2 forks to shred the chicken and return to slow cooker. Add the fire roasted tomatoes, green chiles, garlic, cumin and oregano to the slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on high for an additional 1 1/2 hours, until the liquid has been slightly absorbed by the chicken. Stir again and salt if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the tortilla chips in an even layer on top of the pan. Top the chips with 1 cup of cheese and 1/2 of the beans. Use a slotted spoon to spread shredded chicken on top of the beans. Top the chicken with the remaining cheese and beans. Top the cheese and beans with more chicken.
- Place sheet pan in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. Top with any desired toppings and serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 447Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 579mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 39g