This creamy taco pasta recipe is a quick and easy dinner! Ready in 30 minutes, this meal is a great way to add extra vegetable portions and it is kid-friendly! If you’re looking for game day recipes, this is the perfect dinner!
In case you haven’t noticed, I have a small addiction to tacos. I have been working hard to diversify my diet but I often find that when I have a craving it is for a taco.
I blame my mom’s taco pregnancy cravings on this one.
While I definitely have been craving taco flavors lately, I have been getting a little bored. Isn’t that a shame – getting bored by the flavors you’re craving?
To change it up a little, I created this easy creamy taco pasta.
Creamy Taco Pasta
This creamy taco pasta is a modification of my ever so popular cheesy tomato pasta skillet. Taco seasoning is added to the creamy tomato flavors and then each serving is topped with taco toppings.
Think crunchy iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, a little shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
Mr. B said, “Who knew pasta and lettuce could taste so good?” True quote.
I think this easy dinner would be a great way to add some vegetable portions to your daily diet and add a little fun to the dinner table. I add the veggies to the big pot, but instead you could set up a mini taco pasta station.
Put small bowls of your favorite taco toppings out and then let the whole family add their favorites to their bowls.That’s one of the best parts about tacos, right?
This creamy taco pasta recipe is a quick and easy dinner! Ready in 30 minutes, this meal is a great way to add extra vegetable portions and it is kid-friendly!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 16 ounces uncooked pasta (rigatoni, ziti, penne)
- 28 ounce can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (1 packet)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- salt to taste
Taco Toppings (Optional)
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- diced tomatoes
- diced green onion
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In a large pot, begin cooking the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin browning the ground turkey in a large pan over medium heat. After the meat has browned for 4 minutes, add the diced onion. Stir and sauté the ground turkey and onion until the turkey is no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and the taco seasoning, stir well. Bring the sauce mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. (Pasta should be almost done cooking)
- Add the cream cheese, stirring until it is completely melted. Add the cooked pasta and toss in the sauce and remove from heat.
- When serving, top pasta with optional taco toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, green onion, shredded cheese and sour cream.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Looking for more 30-minute meals?
Try this one pot spicy sausage skillet!
Or this cheesy tomato pasta skillet!