These strawberry muffins with glaze are easy to make – they’re super moist, delicious and the strawberries will melt in your mouth!
Originally published April 2013, Updated May 2015.
One day, I really wanted to make blueberry muffins. I had one of those ridiculous cravings people get sometimes so I started get everything ready to make them. I grabbed the mixing bowl, turned on the oven, greased up the pans, sifted my flour etc … before I realized I didn’t have any blueberries.
I got a little sad. I didn’t really feel like going to the store but it was going to be a necessary evil. Then I noticed some plump, juicy strawberries sitting pretty in the fridge. That’s how this recipe was born.
Since that day, I have not made blueberry muffins. No joke – my muffin cravings made a quick turn and now I always crave these strawberry muffins instead. There are definitely worse things to crave, wouldn’t you say?
Peak strawberry season is from April to June, so now is a perfect time to make a batch of strawberry muffins. The recipe itself is very easy – all you will need is a mixing bowl, a whisk, a 1 cup measuring cup, a spatula and a muffin tin. And if you bake at all, you probably have all of the ingredients in your cabinets already.
The dry goods get whisked together in the mixing bowl and the wet ingredients get mixed together in the measuring cup. They all get combined with the strawberries and put in the muffin tin and you’re good to go.
The finished product is very fluffy. The strawberries kind of melt and these muffins end up incredibly moist. I usually eat one warm and then put the remaining cooled muffins in a sealable plastic bag. I guarantee they will be moist for a day or two at least – if they last that long without you eating them all.
These strawberry muffins with glaze are easy to make - they're super moist, delicious and the strawberries will melt in your mouth!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3-1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced into small pieces (the smaller the better)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with butter or non-stick spray.
- In your mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup with 1 cup of liquid. Whisk the liquid together in the measuring cup, then add it to the mixing bowl. Whisk until just combined - batter should be slightly lumpy. Fold in strawberries with a spatula.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Bake approximately 12-14 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Let cool before removing from muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk together until the lumps are gone. When the muffins are cool, drizzle the glaze over the top.
by Jenny B
|Serving Size||1 muffin|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 370 Calories from fat 135|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 15||23%|
|Saturated Fat 6||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Muffin pans for your muffins.
- Baking cups (in case you decide you don’t want to grease the pan.)
- Cooling racks.
Looking for more baked goods? Try this recipe for mini banana bread loaves
or these spiced apple muffins!