This asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake is perfect for brunch or breakfast! It can be prepared overnight – make this easy egg casserole your go to Easter or Mother’s Day recipe!
Easter and Mother’s Day are right around the corner! If you are in charge of making brunch, an egg bake is a great option. They are kind of like an omelette, only easier to make; barely anything to do but put the dish in the oven.
Egg casseroles can also be prepared the night before. Cover the uncooked, prepared egg bake and place it in the fridge overnight. If you are hosting brunch, save yourself a little time in the morning.
How to Make This Asparagus Mushroom Swiss Egg Bake Recipe
To make this vegetarian egg bake recipe, saute your asparagus and mushrooms to soften the vegetables and then place them into a casserole dish. Sprinkle swiss cheese on top evenly – you want to make sure each slice has gooey cheese.
Then whisk your eggs together and mix in some parsley, salt and pepper. Finally, pour the egg mixture on top of the cheese and place the casserole dish in the oven.
Let it bake and take it out of the oven when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. There may be some liquid from the vegetables so take a good peek – you want the eggs to be fully cooked but not overcooked.
When done, your asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake will be a little fluffy and may even look like it expanded too much. Don’t worry – as it cools, it will deflate and be just the right size for serving.
Doesn’t that sound easy to make?
I can see the whole family getting in on this recipe. Moms, Dads, and kids can help make this casserole the night before. Then everyone can rest easy knowing that they’ll enjoy more of their day thanks to this make-ahead brunch recipe.
It’s going to become a family favorite for sure!
Is this egg bake recipe vegetarian?
Yes! This recipe is perfect for everyone – vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. It’s main ingredients are vegetables, eggs, and cheese.
What should I serve with this easy egg casserole?
How long will a breakfast casserole stay good?
In the refrigerator, you can keep a cooked egg casserole for 3-4 days. If you want to freeze it, cook it first and then store the casserole in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Can a breakfast casserole be reheated?
When you’re ready to reheat your casserole, allow it to come to room temperature before putting it into the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover the egg breakfast casserole with a piece of foil to ensure even heating.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cups diced asparagus
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes until the asparagus is soft. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the swiss cheese evenly on top of the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the milk, parsley, salt and black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
- CorningWare French White 2-1/2-Quart Round Casserole Dish with Glass Cover
- Oxo Good Grips 3-piece Silicone Spatula Set
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 248 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 266mg Sodium: 256mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 18g
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- huevos rancheros recipe
- steak and egg breakfast tacos
- cinnamon French toast
- egg white bacon cheese stuffed biscuits