This asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake is perfect for brunch or breakfast! It can be prepared overnight and most of the cooking is done in the oven. Consider making this easy recipe your go to Mother’s Day recipe!
I have partnered with Phil’s Fresh Eggs to bring you this easy brunch recipe. All opinions are my own.
Mother’s Day is right around the corner! If you are in charge of making brunch (Dads, I’m talking to you too!), an egg bake is a great option. They are kind of like an omelette, only easier to make; barely anything to do but put the dish in the oven
Egg bakes can also be prepared the night before. If you are hosting brunch, save yourself a little time in the morning.
I used Phil’s Fresh Eggs to make this asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake. I love having a company like Phil’s Fresh Eggs in my backyard; they’re located in Forreston, IL which is about 2 hours away from Chicago.
Phil’s has been cage-free for nearly 60 years and feed their chickens rich, high-quality natural ingredients that they grow. My mom is a huge fan of their eggs; she has used them for years. We both love that these eggs are laid in nests.
You will be seeing a lot more of Phil’s Fresh Eggs here on my blog.
Asparagus Mushroom Swiss Egg Bake
To make this egg bake, saute your asparagus and mushrooms to soften the vegetables and then place them into a casserole dish. Sprinkle swiss cheese on top evenly – you want to make sure each slice has gooey cheese.
Then whisk your eggs together and mix in some parsley, salt and pepper. Finally, pour the egg mixture on top of the cheese and place the casserole dish in the oven.
Let it bake and take it out of the oven when a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. There may be some liquid from the vegetables so take a good peek – you want the eggs to be fully cooked but not overcooked.
When done, your asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake will be a little fluffy and may even look like it expanded too much. Don’t worry – as it cools, it will deflate and be just the right size for serving.
Doesn’t that sound easy to make?
I can see dads having the kids help with this dish and maybe even pour the egg portion. Then mom can just enjoy her slice instead of having to do the work. And moms that are making breakfast can rest easy knowing that they can enjoy more of their day thanks to this yummy dish.
It’s going to become a family favorite for sure!
This asparagus mushroom swiss egg bake is perfect for brunch or breakfast! It can be prepared overnight and most of the cooking is done in the oven. Consider making this easy recipe your go to Mother's Day recipe!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cups diced asparagus
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 10 large Phil's Fresh Eggs eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and mushrooms and sauté, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes until the asparagus is soft. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle the swiss cheese evenly on top of the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs. Mix in the milk, parsley, salt and black pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese.
- Bake in oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes prior to cutting.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 227kcal Calories from fat 145|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Find Phil’s Fresh Eggs on the web!
Disclosure: I have partnered with Phil’s Fresh Eggs to bring you this easy brunch recipe. All opinions are my own.
Looking for more breakfast recipes?
- huevos rancheros recipe
- steak and egg breakfast tacos
- cinnamon French toast
- egg white bacon cheese stuffed biscuits