This mini bacon ranch cheese ball recipe is so easy to make and delicious! You only need 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to put this appetizer together.
Sundays have been my favorite day of the week for a very long time. There is something about sitting down to watch football all day that really makes me happy.
Maybe it’s all the muscular men running around TV? Nah. It’s football food that really gets me going.
Sunday after Sunday, I watch football from noon to night – last year our team did badly but I still watched each week.
I am a football girl. I use the commercials to load up on plates of food and this year won’t be any different than years past.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Mini Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
Finger foods are my favorite food group (that is a food group, right?) and this mini bacon ranch cheese ball recipe is right up my alley.
Not counting the pretzel sticks, this is a 5-ingredient appetizer recipe. And it takes about 10 minutes to make all of the mini cheese balls. Most of that time will be spent making the shredded cheese and cream cheese mixture.
How’s that for scoring big!?
The last time I made these mini cheese balls, I only put together half of the cheese balls. I saved the leftover cheese mix (with the bacon and parsley added of course) for a little get together I had.
Wouldn’t you know, my guests treated it like a cheese dip and devoured it all with chips. So if you decide not to make everything into cheese balls, you’re still set with a delicious recipe. Win, win.
A few recipe notes:
- You can substitute chives or green onions for the parsley.
- If you’re short on time, use precooked bacon or store bought bacon bits.
- You can make dry ranch dressing mix from scratch.
- If you are watching your salt intake, use low-sodium bacon and half of the ranch dressing mix.
- 12 ounces softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup finely chopped bacon (1 pound bacon)
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- pretzel sticks
- Add the softened cream cheese to a medium bowl and smooth with a spatula or a hand mixer. Add the cheddar cheese and ranch seasoning and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon and parsley.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out a ball of the cheese mixture. Use your hands to make sure it is in a ball and then roll it in the bacon mixture. Set aside.
- Repeat until all of the cheese balls are made. Place a pretzel stick in the middle of each cheese ball and serve.
If you are watching your sodium intake, use low-sodium bacon and half of the ranch seasoning.
- Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
- OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
- Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning and Salad Dressing Mix, 16 Ounce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 30 Serving Size: 1 mini cheese ball
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 110 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 252mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 5g