This antipasto skewers recipe is the perfect lazy day Italian appetizer. They can easily be made from store bought pickled items or from your pantry stash! Easy to eat and very delicious!
One of my favorite appetizers are these delicious antipasto skewers. They are a great way to start the party and perfect for folks that like to graze when eating.
Also, they’re great for social butterflies because you can carry your whole appetizer around on a stick with you. What is better than that?
I say nothing; I do love my food on a stick.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Antipasto Skewers Recipe Appetizer
Antipasto can comprise of so many different things.
When you make these skewers, I want you to feel free to take liberties and substitute or add your favorite antipasto items.
Since you usually eat each ingredient on its own, I don’t think its as important as it normally would be if the flavors go together.
Eat. All. The. Peppers.
Antipasto Italian Appetizers
Antipasto means before the meal in Italian and this easy recipe is the perfect Italian appetizer.
This step isn’t necessary of course, but since it doesn’t take that long, why not do it.
The rest of the items I chose can be found in condiment aisle – just look for all the weird pickled things and go crazy!
Traditional antipasto includes:
- cured meats
- artichoke hearts
- pickled meats
- vegetables in oil or vinegar
It also occasionally includes fish if you are from a coastal region. Feel free to add or subtract for your personal taste.
Looking for more appetizer skewers?
Try these recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @thethirstyfeast on IG!
- 4 sweet banana wax peppers, cut in half
- 8 golden pepperocini
- 8 artichoke hearts
- 8 black olives
- 8 marinated cherry tomatoes
- 8 marinated fresh mozzarella balls (Bocconcini or Ciliegine)
- 8 cheddar cheese chunks
- 8 pickled crimini mushrooms
- 8 slices of genoa salami
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 8 slices of sopresseta
- 8 skewers
- Take a skewer in hand. Slide one of each ingredient onto the skewer. Repeat until all skewers are full. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Bamboo Skewers 6 Inch (200 Pcs) Natural BBQ for Shish Kabob, Grill, Appetizer, Fruit, Corn, Chocolate Fountain
- MASTER COOK Kabob Skewers 12" Flat Stainless Steel BBQ Set, Reusable Sticks, Sliver
- G L Mezzetta Peppers, Golden Greek Peperoncini, 16-Ounce (Pack of 6)
- Sera Hot Pickled Baby Peppers â€“ 24oz
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 394 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 77mg Sodium: 2261mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 25g
Looking for more appetizers and finger foods?
Try my mini pepper poppers
or my easy green onion dip!
Or my hot pimento cheese dip!