These grilled chicken salad lettuce wraps are a healthy addition to your lunch. Nuts, grapes, apples and chicken are topped with a honey balsamic vinaigrette.
I read somewhere that Beyonce keeps her curves looking all svelte by eating a diet of grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables.
I tried that once. For about 12 hours. Can you say boring?!?!
In my attempt to be healthier (and in all honesty, lose 10 pounds and keep it off), I’ve been going to the gym a few times a week and eating a whole lot of boring chicken breast.
The food I eat is no where near as much fun as the food I have been sharing here. It also doesn’t help when your husband eats the foods you love and you can’t.
Something’s gotta give!
Grilled Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
Mr. B. grilled me up some chicken breasts and I turned them into these grilled chicken salad lettuce wraps. They’re full of protein and fruit, and light on carbs thanks to the lettuce wraps. (Another great lettuce wrap – these slow cooker chicken taco lettuce wraps!)
Sure, you can put this chicken salad on some wheat bread or tortillas but eating them this way is so much healthier.
I mixed up all the ingredients with a delicious honey balsamic vinaigrette. It is pretty sweet but the lettuce helps even that taste out a bit. You can also decrease the amount of honey if tastes too sweet to you.
If you want to roll them up, just give yourself enough lettuce. I tend to eat mine with a fork and knife.
These grilled chicken salad lettuce wraps are a healthy addition to your lunch. Nuts, grapes, apples and chicken are joined by a honey balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1 cup low-fat mayo or Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced grilled chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup red grapes, sliced in half
- 1 red apple, diced
- iceberg lettuce pieces
- To make the salad dressing, combine the mayo/yogurt, honey, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk together until creamy and well-mixed.
- To prepare the salad, combine the chicken, almonds, grapes, apple and salad dressing in a bowl using a wooden spoon. Stir until the ingredients are well coated with the dressing. Let chill for 1 hour in the refrigerator before preparing wraps.
- To prepare wraps, put a large piece of iceberg lettuce on a plate. Spoon a generous portion of chicken salad into the wrap.
- Optional: roll the lettuce to create a wrap and secure using a toothpick.
by Jenny B
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 245 Calories from fat 107|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g||80g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g||80g|
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Looking for more lunch recipes?
Try my blue cheese tuna melt
or my tuna stuffed tomatoes!
Looking for more lettuce wraps?