This easy orange honey ham is perfect for Easter or Christmas dinner. Start with a spiral-cut, pre-cooked ham for a simple, delicious meal! You only need 4 ingredients to get this easy holiday meal on the table.
My family is a ham family. Christmas and Easter dinners are always ham. And if you don’t like ham… well too bad.
Don’t worry, there are side dishes and desserts galore. Mashed ginger carrots have graced our table a few times. But if you aren’t ready to eat ham, I hope you either ate at home first or plan on a full plate of spuds.
I haven’t hosted Easter brunch or dinner yet but if and when I do, I will be making this easy orange honey ham.
As you probably already know, I love honey. I also really love the orange and honey combination. Citrus and honey always go well together, in case you were wondering.
Easy Orange Honey Ham Recipe
Get started by buying a spiral-cut, pre-cooked ham. This will definitely save you time in the kitchen and when you are carving the ham for your guests.
Then pre-heat the oven and place the ham in a deep oven-safe pan. Cover it loosely with foil and bake it for an hour. While the ham is baking, prepare your glaze.
Combine the honey, orange juice and orange zest in a small pot and cook until smooth. Then remove it from the stove and let it cool.
When your ham is heated through, remove it from the oven and uncover it. Pour half of the glaze on top, making sure to get the liquid in between the slices. Dribble it in if you have to.
Then place the pan back in the oven and cook it for another 15 minutes. I like the glaze when it gets all crusty.
When it’s time to remove it again, I take the pan out of the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. I remove the ham from the pan and place it on a large serving platter. This is a great time to pour the rest of the glaze on top.
For garnish, I slice up a few oranges and lay out some rosemary sprigs for color.
- 10 pound spiral-cut, precooked ham
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup honey
- zest of one orange
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F. Put the ham in a deep oven-safe dish and cover it loosely with foil. Place it in the oven and bake it for 1 hour.
- While the ham is cooking, combine the orange juice, honey and orange zest in a small pot. Heat on low, stirring occasionally until it is well combined and smooth. Remove the pot from the stove and let it cool.
- After 1 hour, remove the ham from the oven and discard the foil. Pour half of the glaze over the ham and return it to the oven, baking it for 15 more minutes uncovered.
- Remove the ham from oven and pour the remaining glaze on top prior to serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 445mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 0gSugar: 32gProtein: 10g
Looking for some great side dishes to serve with your ham?
Try these garlic chive mashed potatoes.
This bacon cranberry pistachio dressing is delicious too!
Mashed ginger carrots go with ham quite nicely!