This strawberry rhubarb daiquiri recipe is the perfect spring cocktail! Plus, a recipe for homemade strawberry rhubarb simple syrup.
Lately, I have found myself sitting in front of bags of sugar and jars of honey, imagining simple syrup. I don’t know if you knew this, but creating homemade simple syrups is one of my favorite things to do.
Right now, our extra fridge is full of half-full, meticulously labeled simple syrup jars. I need to make more cocktails and desserts and less syrup (April goals?)
My new favorite simple syrup blend is strawberry rhubarb simple syrup. It makes me think of pie and all the goodness that is associated with pie.
Autumn, diners, the scent of baked goods, maybe even the crispiness of a oven-twinged crust.
The syrup is nectarous, yet retains a tartness thanks to the rhubarb. Also, it is a bold red color that is bound to evoke desire. Well, it makes me desire using it in drinks.
Nothing crazy y’all.
Strawberry Rhubarb Daiquiri Recipe
I was playing around with my bar tools and some rum and realized this simple syrup with be a great addition to a traditional daiquiri. A traditional daiquiri is rum, simple syrup and lime juice.
I think most people think of a strawberry daiquiri and those slushy machines (plus a healthy dose of booze.)
I have nothing against a crushed ice cocktail but I want to want to enjoy my daiquiris over ice.
To make my strawberry rhubarb daiquiri recipe, combine rum, strawberry rhubarb simple syrup and fresh squeezed lime juice in cocktail shaker with some ice.
Shake vigorously, then strain into a glass filled with ice. Or if you enjoy the crushed, slushed version, throw it all in a blender with some ice and blend until the ice is crushed.
It’s simple, but that’s what makes it so great. It is going to be less sweet than a traditional strawberry daiquiri and it’s going to have you craving strawberry rhubarb cocktails all year round.
Get ready to belly up to your home bar with a few of these babies. Cheers!
- 1.5 ounces white rum
- 1 ounce strawberry rhubarb simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 cups diced strawberries (pits/stems removed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup water
- Combine rum, strawberry rhubarb simple syrup and lime juice in a shaker with ice. Shake vigourously. Strain into a glass filled with ice.
Strawberry Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- To make the simple syrup combine all the syrup ingredients in a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl or a jar; pour the mixture through the strainer. Use a spoon to press any remaining juice into the container. Let cool before using. Keep any extras refrigerated.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Barware Styles Classic and Elegant Stainless Steel 3-Piece Martini and Cocktail Shaker Set
- Marquis by Waterford 165118 Markham Double Old Fashioned Glasses, Set of 4
- Adoric Ice Cube Trays Silicone Set of 2, Sphere Round Ice Ball Maker and Large Square Ice Cube Mold for Chilling Burbon Whiskey, Cocktail, Beverages and More
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280 Trans Fat: 0g
Looking for more cocktail recipes?
Looking for more strawberry daiquiri recipes?
Strawberry Daiquiri – The Slow Roasted Italian
Strawberry Daiquiri – Liquor.com
Strawberry-Coconut Daiquiri – Eating Well