Chocolate chip granola yogurt bark made with non-fat Greek yogurt and honey – the perfect quick snack or breakfast! Whip up a batch and keep it in your freezer.
Every time I go to the grocery store, I walk down the snack aisle and get cravings.
For fruit roll-ups, fruit snacks and granola bars. I used to get so excited when my mom would put them in my lunch when I was a kid.
It was a surprise each day – in a way I’m glad I didn’t pay attention when she made my lunch each morning.
I’m also glad she made my lunch and didn’t just give me lunch money. Happy memories.
Back to the snack aisle. And the granola bars.
Back when I was a kid there were 2 or 3 options. You could get chocolate chip granola bars, honey and nut bars and probably another one.
I only paid attention to the first two because I loved them.
I tried to make homemade yogurt-y granola bars and failed miserably. I will attempt again but in the meantime, I have this awesome snack instead.
Chocolate Chip Granola Yogurt Bark
Last summer, I made yummy berry filled frozen yogurt bark and I used that as my guide for this chocolate chip granola frozen yogurt bark.
It’s a little messy as it melts, so break it and eat it fast. You are going to want to anyway, because it’s delicious.
You can use any granola that you want – you can make your own (use my pumpkin spice granola!) or store-bought.
Flavored granolas will change the taste a little bit – experiment and make a bunch of batches to see which you like the best!
Chocolate Chip Granola Yogurt Bark Ingredients
- Non-Fat Sugar-Free Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt serves as the base for this bark, providing a creamy and protein-rich foundation. Its non-fat and sugar-free nature keeps the recipe healthier, making it an ideal choice for those watching their calorie and sugar intake.
- Honey: Honey is a natural sweetener that brings the bark a delicate, pleasant sweetness. It also plays a crucial role in binding the ingredients together, ensuring the bark holds its shape and texture.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips contrast the tangy yogurt and honey sweetness. They’re used both within the yogurt mixture and as a topping, creating a satisfying chocolate crunch.
- Granola: Granola contributes crunch and a wholesome, nutty flavor to the bark. It also serves as an essential texture element, making each bite a blend of creamy yogurt, sweet honey, and crunchy granola.
Chocolate Chip Substitutes
If chocolate chips contain too much sugar for you, there are several alternatives you can try.
Dark Chocolate Chips: Dark chocolate chips typically contain less sugar than semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips. Look for a brand with a higher cocoa content (70% or more) to lower sugar content.
Cacao Nibs: Cacao nibs are small pieces of crushed cacao beans that are naturally low in sugar. They offer a rich, chocolatey flavor and a satisfying crunch without the added sugar.
Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips: Some brands offer sugar-free chocolate chips sweetened with sugar substitutes like stevia or erythritol. These can be a good choice if you’re looking to reduce sugar content.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Make Granola Bark
Combine yogurt and honey: Thoroughly blend the non-fat, sugar-free Greek yogurt and honey in a medium mixing bowl. This step ensures the yogurt mixture is smooth, sweetened, and ready to incorporate the other ingredients.
Fold in chocolate chips: Gently fold in 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips using a spatula. This adds a delightful chocolatey contrast to the yogurt’s creaminess and honey’s sweetness, infusing the mixture with flavor and texture.
Spread the yogurt mixture: Pour it onto the prepared cookie sheet and use a spatula to smooth it evenly. This step ensures that the bark sets uniformly.
Add toppings: Evenly distribute the remaining chocolate chips and the granola over the top of the yogurt mixture. This creates a balanced texture and adds a delightful crunch and rich chocolate flavor to the bark.
Chill in the freezer: Place the baking sheet in the freezer and let the mixture chill for at least 2 hours. Freezing solidifies the ingredients and gives the bark its characteristic firmness.
How thick should the yogurt mixture layer be?
The ideal thickness for spreading the yogurt mixture on the baking sheet when making Chocolate Chip Granola Yogurt Bark is typically around ¼ to ½ inch (0.6 to 1.3 centimeters).
Ensure that you spread the mixture evenly across the entire baking sheet. An even thickness allows for consistent texture and flavor throughout the bark.
Avoid spreading the mixture too thinly, as this can result in a too fragile bark that may crack too quickly when you try to break it into pieces.
On the other hand, avoid making the layer too thick, as this can cause the bark to be overly dense and challenging to bite into.
Thicker layers may also take longer to freeze and set.
Ultimately, the ideal thickness can vary based on personal preference.
Some individuals prefer a thinner, more delicate bark, while others enjoy a thicker and more substantial texture.
To achieve the desired thickness, you can use a spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the yogurt mixture evenly, keeping it within the recommended range.
Remember that the bark will become firmer as it freezes, so you can adjust the thickness to suit your taste.
- 3 cups non-fat sugar free Greek yogurt
- ½ cup honey
- 1 ½ semi-sweet chocolate chips (separated)
- 1 cup granola
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt and honey until well combined. Using a spatula, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Pour the yogurt mixture over the cookie sheet, smoothing with your spatula until the layer is even.
- Evenly distribute the remaining chocolate chips and the granola over the top of the yogurt mixture.
- Put the baking sheet in the freezer and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Break into large pieces to serve. Serve cold and keep in the freezer or on ice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 67gProtein: 3g