Pimento cheese tomato ham sliders are the perfect party food! Perfect for big crowds, these flavorful sandwiches will be the star of your next event.
I have always been a huge fan of appetizers but when I go to a baby or wedding shower, it’s fun to see the main dishes. Most are held in the afternoon and people really get creative with their lunch sandwiches.
And sometimes I just want a sandwich. There. I said it.
Today’s recipe is in honor of Angie from Big Bear’s Wife who just had a baby. In fact, we were trying to surprise her before the baby came but he had his own idea. She is a big fan of southern recipes so I made these delicious pimento cheese tomato ham sliders using her pimento cheese recipe.
Seriously, it’s one of the best pimento cheese recipes ever. I love my hot pimento cheese dip but this….OMG. If I didn’t have this sandwich plan already in motion, I would have just eat plain pimento cheese sandwiches. Yup.
And there would have been nothing plain about them.
Read on after the pimento cheese tomato ham sliders recipe for more recipes perfect for a party! I can definitely see some sweet tea and chicken and waffles in my future.
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces pimento peppers (drained)
- 20 Hawaiian bread style rolls
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into 5 slices each
- 9 ounces sliced ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the cheddar cheese and cream cheese. When well mixed, add the mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, dried mustard and paprika. Fold the pimento peppers into the cheese mixture and set aside.
- Split/cut rolls in half. Place the bottom portion into a 12x9 baking dish. Spread the set aside pimento cheese onto the rolls. If there is extra pimento cheese, place it in the fridge for later use. Layer the ham above the pimento cheese, then the tomato slices on top of the ham. Close the sliders by placing the roll tops on the tomato slices.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and brush it on top of the rolls. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the roll tops turn brown. Remove from oven and serve hot.
Pimento cheese recipe comes from Big Bear's Wife.
Depending on your baking dish, you may need to use less rolls.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 442mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 10gProtein: 12g