Last-minute tailgating party? Make these easy potato chip nachos with all of your favorite toppings! This is going to become your favorite game day food.
Every year I get really into football. It’s a big joke (to myself) because I can’t decide what I like more – the game or the food. Game day recipes are seriously my favorite.
Last year I joined a really great group of bloggers to share recipes inspired by our favorite teams. I’m Chicago, born and bred, so the Bears are my favorite. For that reason, last year I share my favorite Chicago-style deep dish breadsticks. They’re like cheese sticks but better.
This year, I’m going easy. Like, microwave easy. These easy potato chip nachos are fabulous and you can use any of your favorite nacho toppings.
Grab a bag of your favorite plain potato chips and pour them onto a microwaveable plate. I always get a chip with a ridge so it can hold toppings a little better.
Then sprinkle shredded cheese on top and throw the plate in the microwave in 30-second increments, until the cheese is melted. If you are anti-microwave, you can also put the chips on a pan instead and broil the cheese for a few minutes.
Pull the plate out of the microwave and top the cheese with your favorite toppings.
Seriously, it’s that easy.
You may even be wondering why you haven’t thought of this yourself. But that’s what I’m here for.
- 5 ounces potato chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- diced tomato
- jalapeno slices
- chopped cilantro
- diced onion
- Pour the potato chips onto a microwave safe plate. Top the chips with the shredded cheese. Place the plate in the microwave and cook in 30 second increments until the cheese is melted. Remove the plate from the microwave.
- Spoon the ground beef and black beans on top of the melted cheese. Then place your selected toppings on the chips liberally.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 334mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 16g