Mini turkey sloppy joes are great for parties or family dinners. This simple mixture of ground turkey, marinara sauce, and vegetables is easy to make and delicious!
This post is sponsored by RAGÚ®. Thank you for supporting the brands that we love! All opinions are my own.
I love mini portions of anything. The smaller the portion, the easier it is to serve to a lot of people at one time. Also, a plate of anything mini is a party on a plate.
That may sound a little silly but when I arrive at a party and see bite- size portions of my favorite foods, it’s a good day.
Sloppy joes are one of my favorite foods so it just made sense to me to share a mini version. These mini turkey sloppy joes are perfect for parties or for dinner any day of the week!
Mini Turkey Sloppy Joes
I have made sloppy joes from scratch many times and my new favorite way is with spaghetti sauce.
Lately, I’ve been using the NEW RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. It is made with delicious ingredients, 100% olive oil and contains no added sugar. Its delicious taste is great for sloppy joes!
In many of my homemade sloppy joes, I add brown sugar but I decided to follow RAGÚ’s lead with this recipe. I added a little extra Worcestershire sauce and carrots for natural sugar. You would never guess that I didn’t add any sugar!
How to Make Turkey Sloppy Joes
Begin by sautéing garlic and onion in a large pan. That aroma is intoxicating!
Then brown some ground turkey and your vegetables – finely cut carrots, green bell peppers and red bell peppers. When the veggies have softened, it’s time to add the spices and the RAGÚ Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce. Stir everything really well.
Bring your sloppy joes mixture to a boil and reduce the heat so it can simmer. I add a lid while it’s simmering so that it can thicken. You want your mini sandwiches to be just a little sloppy and if there is too much liquid, it’s not going to be as good.
How to Serve Turkey Sloppy Joes
There are a few ways you can serve this meal. If it is for a party, I will transfer the turkey sloppy joes to a crockpot to keep it warm and place a plate of mini buns next to it. If I’m serving my family, I prep the sandwiches and put them on a plate.
You wouldn’t believe how fast those sandwiches will go!
What to Serve with Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Grilled Chicken Ranch Pasta Salad
- Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Deli Style Macaroni Salad
- Potato Egg Salad
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup finely diced carrots
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 24 ounce jar RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- mini buns
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the ground turkey to the pan. Break up the meat and stir frequently until the meat is browned. Add the carrots, green pepper, and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes so the vegetables can begin to soften.
- Add the RAGÚ® Simply Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce and the remaining ingredients. Stir and bring everything to a boil. Reduce the heat so it simmers and partially cover the pan. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve with mini buns.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 212Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 655mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g