This make-ahead honey nut granola is the perfect easy breakfast! Mix up a batch and then eat it with milk or as a parfait.
We have been making granola at home for years. I used to buy it all of the time until I realized how easy it is to make. In the past, I have made salted chocolate granola and apple cinnamon raisin granola. I just can’t get enough!
This honey nut granola is fantastic for breakfast or a snack. I like to make a big bowl of almond milk and granola and then top it with some banana slices. It really is the perfect way to start your day!
As an afternoon snack, I mix the granola with some yogurt and berries for an easy parfait. It really helps me balance my diet.
Since I make granola so often, I have a ready supply of mason jars to store it in. This batch ended up going home with my best friend and her 4 year old daughter loved it. She kept asking if we could all go to the store to buy more of Jenny’s granola.
Ah, kids! Love their cuteness.
Plus, if it’s kid approved you know you have a winner.
I created this recipe as part of my partnership with Peapod and the recipe website FromthePod.com. I’m part of a group of great food bloggers creating awesome recipes with Peapod in mind.
This honey nut granola recipe is part of a weekly meal plan I created. Pay attention for the next several days for more recipes from my meal plan or go to FromthePod.com now for the entire plan.
I love that you can go to any of the recipes on their website and have that recipe’s ingredients put right in your shopping cart. Then all you have to do is unselect the items you already have in your kitchen.
- 3 cups rolled oats (Old Fashioned oats)
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch Kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, almonds, walnuts, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients until well mixed. Then pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and toss/mix until the dry ingredients are wet. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Every 15 minutes, remove from the oven and stir the mixture to evenly bake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before transferring to a container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 5gSugar: 36gProtein: 7g
Check out my other Peapod recipes: