These blue cheese honey crostini are great as a last-minute appetizer. This recipe is easy to make and only 4 ingredients!
I love an easy recipe and this blue cheese crostini recipe really fits the bill. Many, many easy recipes have been shared on this website over the years. I have favorites of course.
Measurements are included but you could put more blue cheese on each piece of bread if you like. Local honey is always my go-to – there are several neighborhood hives and that is the honey I use. But any real honey will do.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
What are Crostini?
Crostini are small pieces of bread, usually toasted or fried, served with a topping – they are served as appetizers. What makes bruschetta and crostini different is the type of bread used. Crostini is usually made with pieces of baguette whereas bruschetta is made with rustic Italian bread or sourdough.
How to make blue cheese honey crostini
Pre-heat your oven and then grab a French baguette. Cut it into slices and brush a little olive oil on the slices before you toast them in the oven.
When you take the toasted bread out of the oven, place blue cheese on top and sprinkle honey all over it.
Can’t get any easier than that.
What do I need to make crostini?
There are several items that will make preparing a tray of blue cheese honey crostini easier.
- Sharp bread knife – makes cutting crusty bread so much easier.
- Sturdy sheet pan – the literal base of all great crostini recipes.
- Silicone basting brush – makes brushing olive oil on bread a breeze.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @thethirstyfeast on IG!
- 1 medium French baguette, cut into 24 thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 375. Brush both sides of the french bread with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake each side for 3-4 minutes, until each side is golden brown.
- Place 2 teaspoons blue cheese on top of each toasted bread slice. Sprinkle honey liberally on top of the blue cheese.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 76 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 167mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g