Are you looking for an easy dessert or sweet breakfast?
These apple cranberry crescent rolls are it.
Place a pan of these rolls in the oven and when you pull it out, you will find a sweet treat that’s almost pie-like in it’s deliciousness.
Also, do you have some leftover cranberry sauce hanging around? This is your answer. Place a dollop of cranberry sauce on top of each apple slice and you Thanksgiving leftover dilemna is solved.
- 1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 apple, cored
- leftover cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
Small Batch Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Open the tube of crescent rolls and separate into triangles. Place an apple slice near the wide part of the dough and top it with a dollop of cranberry sauce. Roll the dough into a crescent. Repeat with all of the dough triangles. Place on cookie sheet equally apart.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Use your fingers to sprinkle the sugar mixture on top of the crescents.
- Place in oven and bake for 9-12 minutes, or until the crescents are golden. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Small Batch Cranberry Sauce
- Place the cranberries in a small pot and cover with water until the cranberries are just submerged. Heat over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then add the brown sugar and maple syrup. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the liquid has dissolved by half. Allow to cool slightly before using.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 146 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 2mg Sodium: 21mg Carbohydrates: 36g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 30g Protein: 1g