Salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark is the treat that keeps on giving. It’s great for the holidays, either as dessert or as a gift!
This salted caramel chocolate pretzel bark has been so popular in my home since I first made it that I have had to make two more batches.
I just can’t keep it around!
My neighbor came over to watch some hockey I kept catching him sneaking into the fridge for more pieces.
I think he ate an entire batch all on his own.
This post contains affiliate links to generate income for this website if purchased. Please see my affiliate link disclosure for more information.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bark
It is such an easy recipe to make.
I am able to whip up a batch in 30 minutes and after I pop it in the fridge, it’s ready to eat in 2 hours.
That’s time to eat dinner and then enjoy dessert.
This pretzel bark would definitely be a hit at holiday parties! You totally need to try it.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bark Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter: Butter is the base for the caramel layer, adding richness and flavor. It melts with brown sugar to create a luscious caramel coating.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar provides sweetness and depth to the caramel. Its packed nature ensures a rich and molasses-like taste.
- Mini Pretzels: Mini pretzels offer crunch and saltiness to the bark, contrasting the sweet caramel and chocolate layers.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips: Semi-sweet chocolate chips create a smooth and velvety chocolate layer. They melt to perfection and complement the sweetness of the caramel.
- Fleur de Sel or Other Coarse Sea Salt: Fleur de Sel or coarse sea salt enhances the sweet and salty contrast in the bark. Sprinkling it on top adds a pleasant crunch and a harmonious balance of flavors.
How To Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bark
Preheat the Oven and Prepare the Baking Sheet:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line an 11×17 baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Set it aside.
Melt Butter and Arrange Pretzels:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- While it’s melting, arrange enough mini pretzels on the prepared baking sheet to form a single, even layer.
Create Caramel Layer:
- Once the butter is fully melted, add the packed brown sugar and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until it caramelizes, stirring occasionally.
- Be cautious not to let it boil.
Pour Caramel Over Pretzels and Bake:
- When the caramel has caramelized, quickly and evenly pour it over the pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Work swiftly because the caramel hardens rapidly.
- Bake the sheet for 5-7 minutes.
Scroll down to see the full recipe below!
Melt and Pour Chocolate:
- Place 1 (12-ounce) bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips at 50% power in 30-second intervals until they are smooth, stirring after each interval.
Apply Chocolate Layer:
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and pour the melted chocolate evenly over the mixture.
- Just like with the caramel, spread it down the length of the baking sheet using an offset spatula to even it out.
Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Chill:
- Evenly sprinkle coarse sea salt over the chocolate before it starts to harden.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and allow it to cool and harden for at least 1 hour.
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 8 ounce bag of mini pretzels
- 1 (12-ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Fleur de sel or other coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F. Cover an 11×17 baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. While the butter is melting, place enough pretzels on the prepared baking sheet to form a single, even layer.
- Once the butter has melted, add the brown sugar and stir well to incorporate. Lower the heat, and simmer the butter-sugar mixture until it caramelizes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to let it boil.
- When the mixture has caramelized, pour it evenly over the pretzels, strafing it back and forth down the length of the sheet. The caramel hardens quickly so it’s important to pour it as evenly and quickly as possible. Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on 50% power in intervals of 30 seconds until smooth, stirring the after each interval.
- Carefully remove pretzel-caramel pan from the oven, and pour the chocolate over the mixture, strafing it down the length of the baking sheet just as you did for with the caramel layer. Use an offset spatula to smooth out any clumps or thick spots.
- Sprinkle sea salt evenly over chocolate before it starts to harden. Allow the baking sheet to harden in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When the bark has cooled and hardened, remove from the fridge and carefully pull the aluminum foil or parchment paper off the back. Break the bark into pieces and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 1g