Antipasto pasta is an easy-to-make recipe that is great for weeknight dinners. The blend of sauce and salty flavors will please all lovers of Italian food!
This post is sponsored by RAGÚ®. Thank you for supporting the brands that we love! All opinions are my own.
I travelled to Italy a few years ago and besides the beautiful views, what I remember most is the food. After my trip I fell in love with all Italian foods.
When asked where I wanted to go to dinner, I would always name an Italian restaurant. When making recipes at home, I gravitated towards pasta dishes and classic Italian favorites. My love for Italian food eventually led me to appetizers as well.
As a natural food “grazer”, antipasto has always been my favorite first course. So I was thinking – why not add it to some pasta and make it a meal? I decided to add the NEW RAGÚ® Simply Traditional Pasta Sauce to my favorite blend of meats, cheeses, olives, and artichokes.
When making dinner, I want all of the flavors to be well balanced so when making this antipasto pasta recipe, I took that into consideration. NEW RAGÚ® Simply Traditional Pasta Sauce is made with delicious ingredients, 100% olive oil and contains no added sugar – it is the perfect pairing for all of the flavors of antipasto.
This recipe doesn’t take a lot of time to make so it is perfect for weeknights. And the leftovers – they’re great for lunch!
Start by cooking your favorite pasta. You can use any type of pasta but I like to use fusilli. When it is finished cooking, drain the pasta. Toss it with a little olive oil and set the pasta aside.
Then heat up a jar of RAGÚ® Simply Traditional Pasta Sauce in a large pan. Let the sauce come to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer. Time to add the antipasto!
For my antipasto pasta recipe, I will be adding pepperoni, salami, black olives, artichoke hearts, fresh mozzarella, cheddar cheese cubes, and basil. How’s that for delicious!
Add everything except the cheeses and basil and let it heat up in the sauce. It will only take about 5 minutes. Then add the pasta that you set aside and mix everything together really well. I like to let the whole dish cook for another 5-10 minutes.
Before adding the cheeses and basil, I turn off the heat. I want the cheese to be warm but not totally melted. Give everything another really good mix and then it’s time to eat. Serve the antipasto pasta with a side salad and you are ready for dinner!
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Simply Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices, quartered
- 1 cup dry salami, quartered
- 1 cup sliced black olives, drained
- 14 ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella pearls, drained
- 16 ounces cooked pasta
- fresh basil
- Add jar of NEW RAGÚ® Simply Traditional Pasta Sauce to a large pan over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add the pepperoni slices, salami, olives, and artichoke hearts. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes. Then add the cooked pasta and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes and turn off heat.
- Add the cheddar cheese cubes, fresh mozzarella, and basil. Stir well and serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 1526mgFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 25g