White wine apple cider sangria is the perfect addition to fall brunches. Grab your ingredients and try this recipe today!
Tomorrow is Halloween and I am sharing, yet another apple recipe. And I have two more apple recipes to share soon and not a one Halloween post.
Plenty of seasonal fall recipes going on here at Honey and Birch. But no Halloween posts. Ever. And that isn’t changing this year.
I have a single Halloween tradition – I watch Hocus Pocus, at least twice and I watch either The Craft or Practical Magic.
Last year it was the HP/Craft combo and this year it’s HP/Practical Magic. (It appears that I equate Halloween with witches.)
And everything else I do depends on what I agree to first.
Some years I do the costume parties, sometimes I stay home and pass out candy. This year, I am teaming up with my upstairs neighbor and we are going to pass out candy on the porch, with a pitcher of this white wine apple cider sangria next to us.
White Wine Apple Cider Sangria
I first got the idea for this recipe when I went to Chicago Gourmet. I went to a wine mixology class and they mixed red wine and cider – it was delicious!
I grabbed a bottle of cheap, sweet white wine that I had laying around and some honeycrisp apples. I like that type of apple for sangria because it is true to its name and stays crisp.
Add in a healthy spattering of grapes and substitute soda water with cider and you have a cocktail perfect for passing out Halloween candy. Or an autumn brunch. 🙂
I picked up some hard cider at the grocery store but you can use any cider you want really – I think we have used Angry Orchard hard cider every time.
- 3 cups of honeycrisp apples, cored, cut into little pieces (2 large apples)
- 1 1/2 cups halved red grapes
- 1 lemon, cut into pieces
- 1 lime, cut into pieces
- 1 (750ml) bottle sweet white wine
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 (12 ounce) bottles hard cider
- In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients except the cider. Stir well and then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- To serve, pour wine mixture into a glass and fill halfway. Fill up the rest of the glass with cider.
Adapted from Nutmeg Nanny.
- Lily’s Home Shatterproof Plastic Indoor Outdoor Pitcher Large Capacity 110 Ounce - Blue
- Buddeez Unbreakable 3-1/2-Gallon Beverage Dispenser with Removable Ice-Cone
- Home Essentials 2 Gallon Nantucket Drink Dispenser
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for more autumn cocktails?
Try this autumn spiced rum cider cocktail!
Or this orange red wine spritzer!