These RITZ taco bites are the perfect easy appetizer for all of your holiday parties! All of your favorite taco flavors on your favorite crackers!
When you’re planning for holiday parties food is probably at the top of your to-do list, next to shopping and decorating. If you’re hosting, you have a lot to do. I get it; I hosted Thanksgiving a few years ago and I was so stressed.
After my fated Thanksgiving, I took a look at my menu and realized my mistake – my recipes were too complicated and it was a major part of what overwhelmed me. Ever since, when I host a party easy appetizer recipes are my go-to and I’ve been less stressed ever since.
How to Make RITZ Taco Bites
Making these RITZ taco bites will help ease any holiday stress you may have. This is an easy and delicious recipe and your guests will love it!
Start with RITZ Crackers. I buy the Family Size RITZ at Walmart – when using RITZ crackers for holiday entertaining, this is the product to purchase. And even better, Family Size RITZ crackers are on Rollback for $2.98 at Walmart this holiday season. SCORE.
Now that you’ve saved big on the base of these taco bites, it’s time to start making them.
First, I start browning ground beef in a pan with diced onions and some seasonings. While the beef is cooking, I add taco seasoning to a container of whipped cream cheese. Yep, right into the container. Whipped cream cheese doesn’t need to be softened before being mixed and using the container means one less bowl to wash.
I also dice cherry tomatoes in half, slice black olives, and chop up cilantro. For the cilantro-averse, you can substitute shredded lettuce or diced green onion for cilantro.
When it’s assembly time, I take a serving platter and place RITZ crackers on it. Then I smear some of the seasoned whipped cream cheese on each cracker. Top that with a small amount of seasoned ground beef, cherry tomatoes, black olives, and a little cilantro. And you’re ready to serve!
I like to make several trays ahead of time and keep them in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap. These taco bites go fast, but they’re just as fast to prepare. If you don’t have room in your fridge for serving platters, keep the taco bite ingredients handy and you can make another batch quickly!
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounce container whipped cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 75 RITZ crackers
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- sliced black olives
- In a pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion to pan and saute 1-2 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the ground beef, salt, and black pepper, and cook until the beef is browned. Set aside.
- Open the container of whipped cream cheese and add the taco seasoning to the container. Stir well.
- Begin assembling your RITZ taco bites. On each RITZ cracker, layer seasoned cream cheese, cooked ground beef, cherry tomato half, sliced black olive, and cilantro. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 35 Serving Size: 2 crackers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g