Looking for a tasty gin drink that is more than a gin and tonic? Try this raspberry gin spritzer – only 4 ingredients and easy to make at home!
If you pay attention to the restaurant and bar industry, you probably noticed that over the past few years there has been a resurgence of the speakeasy and drinks you once thought only grandpa and grandma drank.
I love it!
These bars usually employ a master of cocktail creation that is more than willing, and able, to mix you up a sloe gin fizz or an old-fashioned.
If you are like me, as I have gotten older, the number of nights I spend “out on the town” have dwindled. There is no need to go out to eat when I am cooking all day at home. Less nights eating out lead to less nights drinking out and the need to learn how to make cocktails at home.
I have not always been that comfortable with gin beyond simple gin and tonics, even with my years of bartending. No better time to fix that than now!
Raspberry Gin Spritzer
I feel that a lot of the cocktails they serve at bars are not approachable. By that I mean most people are not going to spend the time to make them at home – they serve them at bars for a reason.
With that thought in mind, I set out to make a delicious drink that feels fancy enough to celebrate (like for Valentine’s Day) but easy enough that you can make it at home, with no problems.
My cocktail, the raspberry gin spritzer, is only 4 ingredients and is very drinkable. It is also very easy to make and if you are having a party, you can easily mix up the gin/raspberry part and add the “fizz” as drinks are served.
- 1 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce raspberry liqueur
- juice from 1-2 lime wedge
- soda water
- Fill up a rocks glass with ice. Add the gin, raspberry liqueur and lime juice. Top with soda water. Stir and garnish with a lime wedge
- I-MART Stainless Steel Cocktail Picks Martini Picks Set (Pack of 15)
- Adoric Ice Cube Trays Silicone Set of 2, Sphere Round Ice Ball Maker and Large Square Ice Cube Mold for Chilling Burbon Whiskey, Cocktail, Beverages and More
- Stainless Steel Boston Shaker: 2-piece Set: 18oz Unweighted & 28oz Weighted Professional Bartender Cocktail Shaker
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 267 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 179mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 36g Protein: 1g
Looking for more cocktails? Try this pomegranate margarita
or this sweet tea and bourbon cocktail!