Pumpkin pie spiced nuts are the perfect fall treat. All of the best flavors of autumn are in this easy snack mix. This snack is also great for homemade gifts!
Autumn is almost here. So are apples, falling leaves and pumpkin-pie-spice everything. Sounds great to me - it is my favorite season!
With autumn also comes autumnal activities. Whether you are out with the girls for an afternoon of apple picking or on a walk with your beau catching a glimpse of the autumn colors, it pays to pack a snack.
All that fresh air can really make a girl hungry.
Pumpkin pie spiced nuts are perfect for these kind of occasions. They can easily be stored in a plastic bag in your purse or in a larger container for sharing.
And their seasonal flavor just adds to the touch of autumn in the air.
Pumpkin Pie Spiced Nuts
Choose your blend of nuts. You can go with already mixed nuts or pick your own combination of nuts.
I went with 2 cup of raw almonds and 2 cup of raw walnuts because that’s what I had handy. Cashews and peanuts would also be delicious.
Gather your spices. My favorite blend of pumpkin pie spice is a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves. If you hate cloves (which I have heard can happen,) you can exclude them.
For this recipe you’ll also need kosher salt and both white and brown sugar.
Combine your ingredients. To bind everything together, you’re going to want to whisk one egg white really well until it gets frothy.
Bake until crispy. And give the nuts a good stir halfway through so that they bake evenly and don’t burn.
- 4 cups of mixed nuts
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg white, whisked until frothy
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed. Spread evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Once cooled, store in a sealed container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Kirkland Signature Extra Fancy Unsalted Mixed Nuts 2.5 (LB)
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- GLOUE spatula-4pcs 450oF Heat-Resistant Baking Spoon & Spatulas - Ergonomic Easy-to-Clean Seamless One-Piece Design - Nonstick - Dishwasher Safe - Solid Stainless Steel, Multicolor
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 320 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 51mg Fiber: 5g Sugar: 11g Protein: 8g