This orange lemonade with honey ginger simple syrup is a great drink for the transition of summer to fall. My honey ginger simple syrup takes this orange lemonade recipe to the next level and it is super easy to make!
Fall may be here but that doesn’t mean you need to put away your lemonade. My honey ginger simple syrup takes this orange lemonade recipe to the next level and it is super easy to make!
I love all things apple and pumpkin but there are still warm days in September and October – a little lemonade is sometimes all you need to bring you back to your memories of summer!
Orange Lemonade with Ginger Honey Simple Syrup
I started this recipe with a blend of fresh squeezed lemon and orange juice. I don’t have a fancy juicer so I use my handy-dandy hand held juicer. It may be a little messy… but that’s half the fun for me. I squeeze and squeeze, and squeeze my eyes shut because the lemons like to squirt me in the face.
And don’t get me started on the oranges – they are so juicy! After I squeeze my lemons and oranges, I stick the juice in the fridge to chill and then make the honey ginger simple syrup.
Honey sometimes gets a little sticky so I use Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules to make this simple syrup instead. These honey granules are an awesome blend of pure cane sugar and honey. You can use them as a substitute where you would normally use sugar – cooking, baking, sweetening hot and cold beverages or sprinkling over your favorite foods.
With baked goods, you can use the honey granules as a substitute for all of the granulated sugar called for in a recipe, or just some of it for a touch of honey. You know how much I love my honey!
For this simple syrup, you combine water and honey granules in a small pot, and simmer that combination with fresh ginger. The ginger flavor is very subtle but is a nice touch when added to the sweet and citrusy fresh juice.
After you let the simple syrup cool, everything gets combined with cold water. Give it a good stir and you maybe a fancy straw and you’re all set!
Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup Tate+Lyle® Honey Granules
- 1/4 cup ginger, peeled and cut into small rounds
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 7 cups water
- 1 batch Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- In a small pot, combine the water and honey granules over medium hight heat. Stir until combined and bring to a boil. Add the ginger and reduce heat to medium, simmering for 20 minutes. Strain into a small container and allow syrup to cool.
- To make the orange lemonade, combine all ingredients in a large pitcher. Stir well and chill before serving.