This buffalo chicken dip recipe is the perfect game day food! It tastes just like buffalo wings but with less mess and no frying.
The biggest day of the year for football fans is right around the corner and if you are like me, you are gathering all of your best football recipes together.
I am going to a friend’s house this year and I am trying to decide which of my many appetizer recipes I should bring with me.
One of the first things I think of when thinking game day appetizers is buffalo sauce. My homemade buffalo sauce is easy to make and should definitely be on the menu, in one form or another.
Buffalo wings are delicious but this year, I think the party is calling for buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
My buffalo chicken dip recipe can be made with any cooked chicken. Whether you are a fan of dark meat (chicken thighs for you!) or a fan of white meat (chicken breasts all the way!), you can make this recipe to please your taste buds.
You could even use a rotisserie chicken – that would really save you some time on game day!
What should I serve with buffalo chicken dip?
I like to serve this dip with tortilla chips, sliced french bread and sliced carrots and celery.
When cutting your carrots and celery, keep in mind that you want to use them like spoons to scoop up as much dip as possible. In other words, cut them thick.
Can I prepare this buffalo chicken dip recipe ahead of time?
If you think you’ll be short on time, prepare the entire recipe the night before. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
When you are ready to bake, place the dish in the oven and add 5-10 minutes of cooking time.
Can you freeze buffalo chicken dip?
Because this recipe includes shredded cheese, I do not recommend freezing cooked buffalo dip. The cheese will separate after it has cooled down.
Looking for more buffalo sauce dishes? Check out all of my buffalo flavored recipes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish (7” x 11”), smooth the cream cheese evenly. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour mixture over the cream cheese.
- Put the dish, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling. Remove from oven and serve hot.
- OXO Good Grips 11-Inch Better Balloon Whisk
- HIC Oblong Rectangular Baking Dish Roasting Lasagna Pan, Fine White Porcelain, 13-Inches x 9-Inches x 2.5-Inches
- Victorinox 3.25 Inch Paring Knife with Straight Edge, Spear Point, Black
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 388 Total Fat: 29g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 106mg Sodium: 1037mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 27g
Looking for more recipes using buffalo sauce? Try my buffalo sauce meatloaf
Looking for more game day appetizers?
Try this 8 layer taco dip!