This buffalo chicken dip recipe is the perfect game day food! It tastes just like buffalo wings but with less mess and no frying. Serve it with chips, bread chunks or carrots and celery. If you’re looking for game day recipes, this is the one!
The biggest day of the year for football fans is right around the corner and if you are like me, you are gathering all of your best football recipes together. I am going to a friend’s house this year and I am trying to decide which of my many appetizer recipes I should bring with me.
One of the first things I think of when thinking game day appetizers is buffalo sauce. My homemade buffalo sauce is easy to make and should definitely be on the menu, in one form or another. Buffalo wings are delicious but this year, I think the party is calling for buffalo chicken dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
My buffalo chicken dip recipe can be made with any cooked chicken. Whether you are a fan of dark meat (chicken thighs for you!) or a fan of white meat (chicken breasts all the way!), you can make this recipe to please your taste buds.
You could even use a rotisserie chicken – that would really save you some time on game day!
I like to serve this dip with tortilla chips, sliced french bread and sliced carrots and celery. When cutting your carrots and celery, keep in mind that you want to use them like spoons to scoop up as much dip as possible. In other words, cut them thick.
This buffalo chicken dip recipe is the perfect game day food! It tastes just like buffalo wings but with less mess and no frying. Serve it with chips, bread chunks or carrots and celery.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1.5 pounds cooked chicken breast, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bottom of a 2 quart baking dish (7” x 11”), smooth the cream cheese evenly. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Pour mixture over the cream cheese.
- Put the dish, uncovered, in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges are bubbling. Remove from oven and serve hot.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4570kcal Calories from fat 3053|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 339g||522%|
|Saturated Fat 139g||695%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for more ways to use buffalo sauce? Check out these buffalo sauce recipes.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Make your own hot sauce kit.
- Put a lid on it.
- Need to make a massive amount of buffalo sauce? Hot sauce for days.
Looking for more recipes using buffalo sauce? Try my buffalo sauce meatloaf
Looking for more game day appetizers?
Try this 8 layer taco dip!
Follow me on social media!