This apple mint iced tea cocktail is delicious, refreshing, and perfect for spring and summer! Make one today to celebrate warmer weather.
There’s nothing better on a hot humid day than a nice, cold glass of iced tea! I know you know what I’m talking about.
May and June usually bring the heat in addition to the start of summer. Good thing the entire month of June is National Iced Tea Month. Whoever schedules the food holidays got this one right – I can’t think of a better time for iced tea than June.
What is Branca Menta?
I shared a drink with Fernet Branca previously – the Orange Italian Mule. Branca Menta is similar to Fernet Branca but it has a peppermint and menthol in addition to the Fernet Branca herbal blend.
The mint flavor is strong which is why I use it in combination with another liquor in a cocktail. It is also good served on ice as an digestif.
Homemade Apple Brown Sugar Simple Syrup
This apple mint iced tea cocktail gets it’s sweetness from homemade apple and brown sugar simple syrup.
Simple syrup is so easy to make that I can never understand why people buy it at the store. It also tastes so much better when you make it from scratch.
I make simple syrups all of the time. We keep mason jars and labels near the kitchen so that I can quickly label the jars of leftover syrups.
Apple brown sugar simple syrup has a caramel-taste to it and pairs very well with the minty flavor of Branca Menta. When making it, try not to let your syrup boil.
If it does that caramel taste will increase and it will also make the syrup a darker and richer brown color – not a bad thing; just something to note.
Apple Mint Iced Tea Cocktail
I tried several different Branca Menta / vodka combos and ended up liking the half/half ratio the best. If you are mint fanatic, you could definitely use all Branca Menta, but I found that to be overwhelming.
Garnish your cocktail with some apple chunks (kind of like sangria!) and a mint sprig. This mint cocktail is delicious, refreshing and perfect for the spring and summer seasons!
Apple Mint Iced Tea Cocktail
- 1/2 ounce Branca Menta
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1-2 tablespoons apple brown sugar syrup
- iced tea
- fresh apple chunks
- fresh mint sprigs
Apple Brown Sugar Syrup
- 2 cups apple peels
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups water
- In a shaker, combine Branca Menta, vodka and apple brown sugar syrup with ice. Shake vigorously, then strain into glass over ice. Top with iced tea and garnish with fresh apple chunks and mint sprigs.
- To make apple brown sugar syrup:
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Turn heat to medium and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes, or until the syrup has thickened. Strain into a glass jar to cool. Discard apple peels.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for more summer cocktail recipes? Try these:
- raspberry sweet tea cocktail
- white wine apple cider sangria
- boozy strawberry basil lemonade
- pina colada