This stuffed cilantro lime chicken is full of cheese and wrapped in bacon. Add it to your dinner rotation for a meal full of flavor! Also, learn about ALDI and all of the exciting changes they have made to their stores.
This post was brought to you in partnership with ALDI. All opinions are my own.
Living in Chicago is awesome but became even more so last week. I had no idea that the ALDI US Headquarters was just outside of the city in the suburb of Batavia. When I got an invitation to visit the headquarters and learn all about ALDI, I jumped.
The ALDI of today doesn’t remind me of the ALDI of my youth. The lights are bright, the aisles are spacious, and there is an abundance of fresh food. Unlike other grocery chains, there aren’t 20 choices for each product. Instead, there are one or two options, giving customers what they need – nothing more and nothing less.
By keeping it simple, the savings can be passed on to customers.
Pay attention to the product signs. Blue means new and green means organic. Also, fresh produce is delivered every single day!
The ALDI product testing team spends much of their time making sure that the products on the shelves are the best. They vigorously go through multiple taste tests and the product that wins ends up under the ALDI private label.
The group and I that toured the headquarters took part in a taste test of some popular ALDI products and the comparable brands. It was hard to tell the difference and it was definitely the most delicious test I’ve ever taken.
We also took a walk down the ALDI Finds aisle. If you get as excited as I do about the new items, check out your local store on ALDI Finds day (I’m not sure if that’s the real name, but that’s what I’m going to call it!)
Depending on your location, on Wednesday or Sunday each week about 45 new items (both food and non-food!) are available to shop. You may even find a chainsaw for sale – for real!
Stuffed Cilantro Lime Chicken
There’s no better way to show you some of the expanded line at ALDI than to create a recipe. This stuffed cilantro lime chicken uses 3 new ALDI products:
- Cilantro Lime Fresh Seasoned Chicken Breast
- SimplyNature Organic Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Appleton Farms Thick Sliced Peppered Bacon
I love the convenience of already-seasoned meat. Both the chicken breast and the bacon are so full of flavor that adding additional salt and pepper isn’t necessary. SCORE. One less step when making this recipe.
Begin by pre-heating the oven and cutting the chicken breasts lengthwise with a sharp knife. Be careful not to cut all the way through – you want to be able to stuff the chicken with cheese.
Spoon the Mexican shredded cheese into the chicken breast and then wrap bacon slices around the chicken. Place the chicken in a baking dish and pop it in the oven.
While the chicken is baking, I cook some rice and heat up some black beans. It’s a delicious meal and perfect for any day of the week!
- 1 package Cilantro Lime Fresh Seasoned Chicken Breast
- 4 tablespoons SimplyNature Organic Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 8 slices Appleton Farms Thick Sliced Peppered Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut all of the way through. Spoon one tablespoon of shredded cheese into the chicken.
- Wrap two slices of bacon around each chicken breast. Place the chicken breasts into a baking dish. Place the dish in the oven and cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
If you want crispier bacon, put the dish under the broiler for 5 minutes.
1 package Cilantro Lime Fresh Seasoned Chicken Breast equals 4 chicken breasts.
Visit your local ALDI store and try out some of the new products.
Find the store closest to you with the Store Locator!
Follow ALDI on social media for new product updates and news!