Celebrate National Margarita Day or Cinco de Mayo with a meyer lemon and pomegranate margarita. I was provided with a sample of Casa Noble tequila for this recipe.
When winter gets you down, have a margarita.
Margaritas make me think of warm weather, more than any other drink. Also, it’s the only way I drink tequila now – I put away my tequila shots once I left college.
I know I have been sharing a lot of cocktails with you the last few months – I hope you don’t mind. Don’t worry, there will be some non alcoholic beverages shared here soon. But in the meantime, make a margarita.
Casa Noble sent me a bottle of their delicious CN Crystal tequila and asked me to create a margarita recipe for National Margarita Day. I really like Casa Noble. The first time I had it was a few years ago, when I was bartending. If you have ever said you’re “not a tequila person,” I suggest you try this tequila. It is smooth and well-balanced, with a clean and silky finish. I think it will change your mind.
Meyer Lemon and Pomegranate Margarita
I made a meyer lemon simple syrup for this margarita and it is very easy to make yourself. Start there (the instructions are in the recipe.) Once your simple syrup has cooled down, you can mix up a few margaritas.
The pomegranate portion is going to come in the form of pomegranate liqueur and pomegranate seeds as garnish. You can eat them if you like – totally up to you. Some antioxidants with your tequila sounds like a plan to me.
I added a little lime juice because I wanted a little of that specific sour taste you can only get from limes. Feel free to substitute more meyer lemon juice instead if you don’t feel like buying limes.
- 2 ounces white tequila
- 1 ounce pomegrante liqueur
- 1 ounce meyer lemon simple syrup
- 1 ounce meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce lime juice
- coarse salt for rimming the glass
- pomegrante seeds and meyer lemon slices for garnish
Meyer Lemon Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup meyer lemon juice
- zest of 1 meyer lemon
- Rim the edge of a margarita glass (or glass of your choice) with a meyer lemon. Pour some course salt on a small plate and roll the edge of the glass in the salt. Set aside.
- In a shaker, combine the tequila, pomegranate liqueur, meyer lemon simple syrup, meyer lemon juice, and lime juice with some ice cubes. Shake for 10-15 seconds, then strain into margarita glass over some ice cubes. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and meyer lemon slices.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, meyer lemon juice and lemon zest. Bring to a boil, then strain into a glass bowl. Set aside and use when cooled.
Disclosure: I was provided with samples of Casa Noble tequila and gift certificates to purchase ingredients for the cocktail. Opinions and recipe are my own.