Tuna bacon crostini is a great last minute-appetizer! It only takes 10 minutes to put together and is the perfect finger food for dinner parties.
Thank you Bumble Bee Seafoods for sponsoring this post. Not all tuna is created equal. Click here to learn more about how only Bumble Bee® Albacore will do.
I love having friends and family over – I must have inherited some kind of “entertainer gene”. Each time we have guests over, I treat it like a mini-dinner party and break out all of my favorite appetizers.
Finger foods are by far my favorites and my newest go-to appetizer recipe is this tuna bacon crostini. You can quickly make these crostini and any recipe that can be made in 10 minutes should definitely make it to the top of your appetizer list.
We have always been big tuna eaters and I have been looking for ways to go beyond tuna sandwiches and salads.
We switched to Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna last year and have been really enjoying it’s firm texture, light color and fresh taste. Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna is quality you can see – the moment you open the can.
Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that is delicious, versatile, high in protein and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal or appetizer. (*see their website for full nutritional facts)
Tuna bacon crostinis can be thrown together at the last minute as long as you keep Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna in your pantry. You just need a few simple ingredients: canned tuna, french bread, goat cheese, cooked bacon and arugula.
Tuna Bacon Crostini Recipe
Cook your bacon and let it cool; then preheat your oven. Brush a little olive oil on your french bread and toast it in the oven. While that is toasting, mix the tuna, goat cheese, and bacon in a small bowl.
When you take the toasted french bread out of the oven, smear the tuna mixture on the bread and top it with fresh arugula.
Can you get any easier than that? I don’t think so. And not only is it easy, it is also delicious. The tuna and goat cheese mix so well with the crunchy, salty bacon and the spicy arugula. I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.
- 1 small loaf french bread, cut into 24 thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore in Water (drained)
- 10 ounces goat cheese, soft
- 1 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- fresh baby arugula
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375. Brush both sides of the french bread with olive oil and place them on a baking sheet. Bake each side for 3-4 minutes, until each side is golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tuna, goat cheese, and bacon. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the tuna combination on the toasted french bread, dividing it evenly amongst the pieces. Top the tuna mixture with sprigs of baby arugula and sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.