Get dinner on the table for your family with this easy recipe for slow cooker bruschetta chicken! I received a slow cooker to review, all opinions are my own.
Having a rough week at work? A busy week in general?
Not sure if you’ll get the chance to get a warm meal on the table because you are just so swamped?
Slow Cooker. Problems solved.
I have talked many, many times about how my slow cooker is my best friend. So when Hamilton Beach asked if I wanted to participate in their campaign promoting slow cooker meals, I jumped.
I love it by the way. It’s light weight in comparison to other slow cookers I’ve had. And it has two really awesome features that you won’t see everyday (on other slow cookers) – sturdy wire clips that snaps the lid in place and a thermometer probe that takes the temperature as your food cooks. Take your slow cooker to-go and never over cook your meat again!
I’m trying very hard to contain my excitement. But these two things really make this slow cooker stand apart from the rest of the pack.
This recipe for slow cooker bruschetta chicken is a great example of why – I would have set my old slow cookers to low for 4-6 hours and overcooked the chicken. Thanks to the thermometer, I was able to get to the cooked (and safe) temperature in only 2 and a half hours on low.
Perfectly cooked chicken is something I struggle with because I’m always tempted to over cook it.
I created an easy recipe to go along with this slow cooker because chances are, if you are utilizing a slow cooker to save time, you would also like to save time when grocery shopping. This recipe requires a minimum amount of work, thanks to some canned tomatoes.
Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breast, fat removed
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes in garlic and olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into equal pieces, about ½ pound each. Place the chicken between plastic wrap and pound them down so that they are equal sizes. Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil, and olive oil. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When serving, put a chicken breast on a plate, cover it in the cooked tomatoes and sprinkle balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes. Salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 448Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 193mgSodium: 298mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 71g
Nutrition information is automatically calculated and may not be correct.