Slow cookers are made for autumn. Try out my recipe for slow cooker boneless apple short ribs – it’s easy and delicious!
Today is the first day of autumn!
I’m so happy I can’t even explain it to you without confusing you and not making sense. I am truly not a summer person and while this was the summer of my dreams, I’m happy I can pull out my sweatshirts and sweaters and my slow cooker.
Yeah, I had to throw that in there about my slow cooker. I had every intention of taking it out over the summer but because it was so cool, I didn’t as much as I normally do. Usually its way too warm to stand in the kitchen over the stove and in front of the oven but I can only recall this summer’s hot uncomfortable days on one hand.
I kept my slow cookers on the shelf the past few months and I have a new plan for the upcoming autumn/winter/spring seasons. I’m going to do lots of baking of sweets and goodies and use my slow cooker so I can stay out of the hot kitchen. Score for everyone!
And before I forget (like I could), today is also Mr. B’s birthday. Happy Birthday boo!
Slow Cooker Boneless Apple Short Ribs
Mr. B loves ribs and last week I sent him to the grocery store, list in hand. For some reason I decided last week was a good one to try my hand at cooking short ribs. I get these ideas in my head sometimes, and there’s no getting them out until I do something about it.
I don’t know if the store only had boneless short ribs, or if Mr. B. grabbed those because he knows I hate eating food off of a bone. Either way, he bought boneless short ribs and I had to do some research as to what to do with them.
- 2 pounds of boneless short ribs
- 2 cups of coarsely chopped apples
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 scallions, chopped into large pieces
- kosher salt and pepper for seasoning
- Season all sides of the short ribs liberally with salt and pepper. Brown the outside of the short ribs in a pan and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the apples, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and scallions. Process until the mixture is well combined and thick. Pour evenly over the short ribs.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until the short ribs are fully cooked and tender. Serve with additional apple slices.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2384kcal Calories from fat 1562|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 174g||268%|
|Saturated Fat 74g||370%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Join the newsletter!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.