Start you day with a stack of blueberry orange pancakes. It’s a flavor explosion – orange zest and fresh blueberries for the win.
There are a trillion food holidays (not exaggerating, I swear,) but my new favorite one just happens to be on January 28th, which is today. I’m talking about National Blueberry Pancake Day folks!
Time to throw a party and at that party you should serve some delicious pancakes.
These delicious pancakes are fluffy and light – these are not like your typical boxed mix pancakes. Besides the obvious sky-high height of these beauties, you will find blueberries that literally burst when you bite into them. I busted out my lobster bib because between the bursting berries and my frantic eating (no pancakes for you!), I was making quite a mess.
Then hidden behind the height of the pancakes and the blueberry explosion is the subtle citrus of the orange zest. So good.
Mr. B. has asked me to make these every Sunday or Monday, please and thank you.
Blueberry Orange Pancakes
This recipe would have been the perfect lead into me creating some videos but I am a chicken. So instead of me showing you how to make pancakes (hey, if you know how don’t make fun of those who are still learning) with my first video, I’m going to direct you to a “How to Make Pancakes” video on youtube.
I highly recommend butter over oil on your griddle/pan because I like the way it tastes better. But it is also bad for you….. everything in moderation right? If I end up making these pancakes for Mr. B. every week, we’ll be using oil.
Serve them up with some additional fresh blueberries and a healthy dose of maple syrup (the real stuff of course.) And don’t forget your lobster bib.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white table sugar
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- zest of 1 orange
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a hole in the center and add the milk, egg, butter and orange zest. Stir until well combined and the batter is smooth. Fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Grease the surface with oil or additional butter and use 1/4 cup scoops when pouring the batter. Brown on both sides and serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 356 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 76mg Sodium: 1016mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 10g Protein: 10g