This beer cheese dip is perfect for football parties! Serve it in your slow cooker or fondue pot to keep it bubbling hot. Some bread chunks, apple slices, chips and carrots are the perfect dippers for this dip.
I got a craving the other day for beer cheese dip. I don’t know where it came from – just all of a sudden, all I wanted was beer, cheese and things to dip into their glorious union.
So I made it. And loved it. More beer cheese dip please.
This post contains affiliate links, which sometimes earns me enough money for a cup of coffee. But definitely not enough for a car – A girl can dream! Learn more here.
Hot Beer Cheese Dip
If you’re looking for party food, this hot beer cheese dip recipe is just what you’re looking for. I like to make it in a small pot and then transfer it to a waiting small slow cooker or fondue pot to keep it bubbling hot.
You could use many different types of beer but for this version, I either go with a pilsner or a light lager. I want the taste of beer to be there, but I don’t want it to overpower the cheese.
What Cheese Should I Use?
I use a combination of cream cheese, mild cheddar cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese.
Add to that some minced garlic and shallot and you will have a delicious party appetizer!
What To Serve With Beer Cheese Dip
There are so many ways to eat your cheese dip. These are my favorites:
- fresh baguette chunks
- bagel chips
- bread sticks
- apple slices
Either way, your guests are going to be asking for this recipe and asking for seconds.
This hot beer cheese dip is perfect for football parties! Serve it in your slow cooker or fondue pot to keep it bubbling hot. Some bread chunks, apple slices, chips and carrots are the perfect dippers for this dip.
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 12 ounces beer (lager or pilsner)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Green Onion
- Shredded Cheese
- In a medium pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the shallot and garlic and cooking for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the beer and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium low and slowly add the cream cheese. Stir constantly until the cream cheese has melted. Then slowly add the sharp and mild cheddar cheese, stirring until melted. Serve immediately.
To keep this dip warm, transfer cooked dip to a small slow cooker or a fondue pot. Serve with bread chunks, apple slices, chips or carrots.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2788kcal Calories from fat 2095|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 233g||358%|
|Saturated Fat 132g||660%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Looking for more appetizer recipes?
Try my 8 layer taco dip!
Or this hot pimento cheese dip.
If you are making wings, use my homemade buffalo sauce.