This chicken sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole is so easy to make that it only takes 5 steps! Makes 4 individual portions.
Today I am doing something a little different with my recipe. Something really exciting.
Usually, I create recipes with the goal of making cooking fun and easy for everyone. Today I accepted a challenge to do just that, but in only five steps.
Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
I created this chicken sausage hashbrown breakfast casserole using the turkey breakfast sausage and frozen shredded hash browns. I used 4 mini bread loaf pans so you can easily make individual portions. You can also make half batches if you don’t need 4 servings.
Let’s get started!
Step 1 – Cut
Cut up your onions, garlic and breakfast sausage.
Step 2 – Melt
Melt your butter in the microwave
Step 3 – Mix
Mix all of the ingredients, except the cheese in a bowl.
Step 4 – Bake
Spoon the hash brown mixture into your mini bread loaf pans and put them in the oven.
Step 5 – Cheese
Cheese gets its own step here. Pull the pans out of the oven when there are 10 minutes left to bake and add the cheese on top.
Then pop the loaf pans back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Seriously, this breakfast bake is so easy to make and so delicious that I want to eat it every single day!
- 8-ounce package of chicken breakfast sausage
- ¼ cup diced white onion
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (20 ounce) package of shredded hash browns
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices American cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dice the breakfast sausage into ½ inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the breakfast sausage, white onion, green bell pepper, hash browns, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spoon the hash brown mixture into 4 mini-bread loaf pans. If not non-stick, coat with non-stick spray first.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Split each cheese slice in half. Remove the loaf pans from the oven and place 4 cheese halves on top of each pan. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 899mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g