It has been a pretty ridiculous week. My shared server was under a DDoS attack and my blog was down, off and on, for three days. I bought a new sweater and then lost it at work. I covered myself head to toe in glitter.
Wait, wait, wait – this all happened on Wednesday.
But pretty much the whole week went like this, so I couldn’t be happier that its Friday.
1. I never realized you could make beef jerky at home – I don’t know why I didn’t put two and two together. But then I saw this tutorial on making your own beef jerky… omg.
2. I didn’t dress up for Halloween, but one Chicago restaurant did – check out how Real Kitchen spoofs Alinea (a fancy, fancy, fancy restaurant I can’t afford to eat at) here.
3. Anyone remember 80’s fashion? A photographer has a new book which showcases the fashion of the 80’s in fashion malls. Take a look at some of these pictures and read the captions– fascinating how different things were just a few years ago.
4. Coolest maps on the web ever: all in watercolors. Seriously so cool, I’m speechless. I only want to write the word cool over and over. Watercolor maps cab be checked out here. Search for Central Park in NYC.
5. If Tom Cruise isn’t available for the next installment of Mission Impossible, I think this squirrel can fill in for him.