Spring is usually the end of my baking season until fall – occasionally I will do some brownies or cupcakes in July (lots of family birthdays) but otherwise I wait until the weather cools off again to bake obsessively. Enter cupcakes in spring. I have rounded up eight of the most delicious looking cupcakes I could find that sound great to me right about now – lots of fresh fruit and sweet sugary goodness. Yummmmm.
1. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes – Food and Wine
2. Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes – There Goes the Cupcake
3. Blueberry Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes – Your Cup of Cake
4. Limoncello Cupcakes – Today’s Nest
5. Cotton Candy Cupcakes – Somewhere Splendid
6. Pink Ribbon Pink Velvet Cupcakes – Love From the Oven
7. Lavender Cupcakes with Honey Frosting – Jessie’s Kitchen Chronicles
8. Lemon Cupcakes with Fresh Raspberry Filling – Smells Like Home
I am sure there are other awesome cupcakes out there but there is only so much time in the world and only so many cupcakes you can eat. Speaking of, I found this awesome, awesome recipe for two cupcakes. Wouldn’t it be sweet to do a tray of cupcakes with two of each of these recipes? Sounds like heaven to me.