I recently did a search to find out which fruits were in season in December and was excited to see pomegranates on that list.
As a kid, I fondly remember my mom bringing home one or two pomegranates each winter. It was fun (and a challenge) eating all the little seeds. We would sit together at the kitchen table – for some reason my sister and brother never joined us. With a sharp knife and a spoon in hand, we would cut open the fruit and pry the seeds loose. It was our little winter tradition.
Nowadays, I find myself looking for ways to eat pomegranates other than just opening one up and eating the seeds. That’s why I found these winter pomegranate recipes just in time for the holiday season.
If you are a little clueless on how to open up your pomegranates, check out this video from Will Cook For Friends. Unless you’re like me, and you just cut one up and pry out the seeds.
1. Pomegranate Coconut Mousse – Pineapple and Coconut
2. Pomegranate, Kale, and Wild Rice Salad with Walnuts and Feta – Pinch of Yum
3. Chocolate-Pomegranate-Ginger Bark – B&D – Baking & Design
4. Pomegranate-Cranberry Sparklers – Freutcake
5. Homemade Pomegranate Syrup – The Missing Lokness
6. Chipotle Quinoa Sweet Potato Tacos with Roasted Cranberry Pomegranate Salsa – Half Baked Harvest
7. Persimmon Pomegranate Overnight Oatmeal – Oatgasm
8. Pomegranate Ginger Sorbet – Blogging Over Thyme