Spring is in the air! I say that even as I look at today’s Chicago weather forecast – more snow is coming to us this evening. Bleh. I digress – spring is in the air!! And it is time for some spring asparagus recipes.
With spring comes warmer weather, flowers blooming, and spring vegetables. One of my favorite spring vegetables is asparagus. I can always find fresh asparagus at the grocery store year round, but it’s never as yummy as it is during spring.
Mr. B LOVES asparagus and is always grilling it in a tin with our mushrooms. I like it that way too, but I really wanted to find a new way to prepare it this spring. Here are the delicious spring asparagus recipes I’ve rounded up.
1. Crustless Asparagus Quiche – Skinny Ms.
2. Asparagus Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Closet Cooking
3. Sautéed Asparagus and Peas – Once Upon a Chef
4. Cream Cheese and Parmesan Asparagus – Lil’ Luna
5. Strawberry, Quinoa and Asparagus Salad – Blissful Blog
6. Asparagus and Chicken Enchiladas – Recipe Girl
7. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus – Damn Delicious
8. Roasted Red Pepper and Asparagus Quinoa – Inside BruCrew Life
On a side note, I recently heard that if you have the thick asparagus stalks (that are kind of hard on the outside) that you are supposed to peel them like carrots. Anyone else hear this?