8 great gingerbread desserts for Christmas and holiday baking!
Nothing says Christmas is coming to me more than gingerbread. Well, that and Christmas songs everywhere. I’m SO excited.
I have never made anything with gingerbread before, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t eaten a ton of it. Though I do plan on changing that this year – I’ve been stocking up on all sorts of gingerbread ingredients and am going to get started this week. In the meantime, I am hunting up some inspiration.
As per my usual first step, I did a little research over at my good friend Wikipedia. Gingerbread has quite a history – I was going to go over it here and then realized how much I would have to tell you. Please, if you’re interested go over and take a peak at it. There are so many varieties of gingerbread from all over the world.
I don’t even know where to start with my creating.
Next, I went over by my other friend Pinterest and did a little more gingerbread search. Men, houses and some seriously delicious desserts abounded. Sounds like a song, or a weird bachelorette party.
And that was when I decided that 8 great gingerbread desserts was the perfect topic for this week’s round-up. It is December 1st after all and the Christmas countdown is on.
8 Great Gingerbread Desserts
1. Gingerbread Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce – The Law Student’s Wife
2. Chocolate Gingerbread Bundt Cake – Sally’s Baking Addiction
3. Gingerbread Roll Cake – Roxanna’s Home Baking
4. Soft Gingerbread Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Sugared Cranberries – Call Me Cupcake
5. Baked Gingerbread Mini Donuts – Pinch of Yum
6. Gingerbread Pumpkin Bars – Running With Spoons
7. Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting – Creme de la Crumb
8. White Chocolate Gingerbread Cake Balls – Eats Well With Others
Looking for more Christmas and holiday recipes and posts?